This one is an advertising…🙂
Somebody posted this info on milis beasiswa (beasiswa (at) yahoogroups (dot) com), and as a Fulbrighter myself, I feel obliged to spread this too…🙂 Preference will be given to applicants serving as faculty members of private institutions of higher education in Indonesia, but that does not mean that those who’re not a faculty member are not eligible or have no chance at all. It’s alright if you’re not a full time faculty yet (which is possibly because you only have bachelor’s degree). The definition of “faculty member” here also applies if you’re only a research or teaching assistant at a higher education institution.
For those who’s interested in pursuing a PhD degree, Fulbright also has separate scholarship programs for PhD.
This scholarship is very prestigious and competitive, even more so for the Master’s level. Good luck to you who want to try…
Fulbright Master Fulbright Master Scholarships, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF), USA
Preference will be given to applicants who serve as faculty members of state and private institutions of higher education in Indonesia. Applicants will possess:
- a Bachelor (S1) degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.00
- a good understanding of Indonesian and international
- demonstrated commitment to the chosen field of study
- a willingness to return to Indonesia upon completion of the Fulbright program
- a minimum institutional TOEFL score of 550 or IELTS score of 6.0
All disciplines and fields of study are eligible for a Fulbright award. The fields of study covered by the Fulbright scholarship program in the past were limited to the Social Sciences and Humanities. Since 2004, however, the policy has been changed to include also other disciplines with the exception of fields related to patient care or medical training nor to continue their study at medical school.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms. Forms are available either by mail or in person at the AMINEF Office, Gedung Balai Pustaka, 6th floor, Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya 4, Jakarta 10720. Please return to AMINEF your complete application package by the application deadline that includes:
- Completed application form. This includes a clearly written and concise study objective.
- Copy of your most recent, less than two years old, institutional TOEFL or IELTS score report.
- One letter of reference, either from your current employer or previous lecturer.
- Copy of academic transcript (English translation).
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport).
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via e-mail to the following address: infofulbright_ind(at)aminef(dot)or(dot)id. We do not accept email applications. Hard copies must be sent or delivered to American Indonesian Exchange Foundation.
The deadline for the submission of application materials for all programs is April 30, 2011.
Note: Program requirements are subject to change without notice.
The form can be downloaded here.